Because He lives, I can face yesterday.
~ Jared C. Wilson

January 17, 2010

A Day in the Life of Snickers

Hello, my name is Snickers. I have just recently acquired a new family. So far I like them, especially the one they call "Rizzo". I am mostly black, with a golden belly, and beautiful golden legs. My paws are quite huge (if I do say so myself), and my ears flop just right. But enough about me, let's get to the start of the story.

One day I was with all of my brothers and sisters, happily playing away, when this strange lady walked into my home. She carried a cardboard box with a towel in it, and I sniffed it. It smelled like nothing I had ever smelled before. After exchanging greetings with my family and our masters, she picked me up and put me in the strange box. I was too busy sniffing the inside of the box to know that I was being carried away from my home. By the time I had found all of the smells in the box, I realized I was in a strange moving thing. It scared me, so I lifted up my nose and howled. I howled for a long time before the moving thing stopped. Then the strange lady picked up my box, and carried me into a strange place. Four other small people were in the strange place, and they picked me up and cuddled me. I liked that. I licked their faces, and the strange lady's face too. The strange lady buckled a red collar on me. It is very pretty, and I look very nice. Then the small people put me in a wire house. There was a pink rope in it, and a small bone. I was very happy. Then, the Beast came!

The Beast was a large dog, like my mother, only bigger. At first he did not know who I was, and so he growled at me. I was scared, so I howled. The strange lady got very mad at him, and I was quiet, knowing that I was protected. The Beast was very penitent, and sniffed me very meekly. I snapped at him, because I did not want him to growl at me again. He licked me, and then we were friends.


Since then I have learned that the strange lady's name is Mom. Four of the small people are called Brittany, Chrissy, John and Suzy. A few days after I came to this strange place, a medium person came. Her name is Betsey. She is very nice, too. I am also hearing talk about another person, whose name is Daddy. How many people are in this family? Every day as soon as I wake up, one of the small people takes me outside. Then I come back in, and chomp on my breakfast. I get to go outside lots every day, and sometimes I am allowed to go see the strange birds that are fat and make funny noises. I am glad that I am not a bird.

One of my favorite games used to be that I would pick up my water bowl by the side, and drag it all over the floor. It made a big mess, and was very fun. Then the medium person gave me a shiny bowl that can't tip. It is not so fun, in fact I do not like it.

I have learned that the Beast is called Rizzo. He and I are great friends. He lets me climb on top of him, and jump on his side, and run with him. His nose is an excellent chew toy. He likes to steal my toys out of my mouth, but it is only because I am tired of them. Everywhere we go, Rizzo and I wrestle together.

I dearly love to chew, but the people do not like it as well as I do. There is a delicious piano leg that is my favorite, but every time I chew it, my people get very mad at me. So I think I will stop. I also like to practice my howl. It is coming along very nicely. My people do not like it very much, so I try to howl quietly.

This is my life so far, and I love it. There are big hills in the back of my house, with lot of trees and promising smells. My people say that when I get bigger, I can go there, so I am growing just as fast as I can. Oh my goodness, Rizzo is here! I must go now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment