Because He lives, I can face yesterday.
~ Jared C. Wilson

November 27, 2011

Betsey-Candace




Okay, so I finally watched Phineas and Ferb: The Movie yesterday, and let me just say that it. was. awesome. Usually I find that when people (they in the "they" building) try to take an amazing television series and turn it into a movie, the product that they come up with is completely and utterly stupid. Either they mess up the characters, or they can't come up with a plot so you're sitting there watching the clock tick by on an hour and a half. But not so with P&F. It had all the elemental quirks that makes Phineas and Ferb amazing, but without seeming trite or overdone. It strongly kept my interest through all 78 minutes, and I actually had to relocate to the basement to watch it 'cause I was keeping the sibs up with my giggles. So yeah, it was pretty cool. :)



One of the really cool characterizations in P&F was the Candace from the 2nd dimension. She was a cool karate-master/spy/tough-as-nails-resistance-leader/way-awesome big sis. In fact her characterization was so well done (and also because Candace is my alter-ego) that I was inspired to create my own Candace costume. I did make some modifications so I wasn't showing quite as much skin as dear Candace, and unfortunately I could not find a cool belt with gadgets on it. But my little bro was kind enough to lend me his airgun for a cool prop so that became my weapon of choice. So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, presenting Betsey-Candace!!



Fact: Candace and I are both the oldest in our respective families.
Fact: We both have a serious bossy complex.
Fact: Our siblings drive us nuts.


Fact: We both experience frustration at the bust-proof-ness of our siblings. 
(And yes, I did just make that word up.)
Fact: We both love Ducky Mo Mo.

When I showed these to the sibs, Suzy remarked that I look a lot like Vanessa. Okay....


I guess she could be right. I must admit that I would not mind being saved from imminent danger by Ferb, either. :)
*sigh* Oh Ferb, I'm waiting for you!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment